Exhibitors are permitted to bring exhibit related items to the show floor that can be hand carried or personal items. All other exhibit related items must be processed through Material Handling. Any excessive empty boxes and/or cases that need to be stored during the show will be charged at the show rate for material handling.
What does Material Handling include? Material Handling is the unloading of your exhibit materials, delivery to your booth, handling of empty containers to and from storage, and removal of your materials from your booth for reloading onto your outbound carrier. This is not to be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material to and from the show site.
Benefits of Advance Shipping to the Precon Warehouse include:
• Storage of materials prior to the 14th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit.
• Delivery of shipments to your booth by your published setup time.
• Safe storage of empty containers during show run and removal of containers, after they are packed by the exhibitor.
How to Ship in Advance to the Precon Events Warehouse
• Make sure to remove any labels or any other shipping documents from previous trade shows from all crates and boxes.
• Fill out and attach Advance Shipping labels.
• Complete the enclosed Material Handling Order form.
• Confirm receipt of your shipment prior to leaving for Washington, D.C.
• All shipments must have a bill of lading or delivery slip showing the number of pieces, weight, and type of merchandise.
• Certified weight tickets (CWT) must accompany all shipments.
• Do not ship uncrated, unboxed or unskidded materials to the warehouse.
Select a carrier with experience in handling exhibition materials. Make sure to give your carrier explicit information as to where and when to check in. For the easiest and most hassle-free experience with Inbound and Outbound shipments, consider Precon Events as your turnkey shipping solution for the 14th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit.
Confirm your delivery date and time with your carrier and have all pertinent shipping information in the hands of your representative at the show site. You may also want to review the return of your materials at the conclusion of the show.
Estimating Material Handling Charges
Handling charges are based on the weight of the freight. Shipments are billed by the CWT (one CWT = one hundred lbs of weight). CWT will be rounded up to the next CWT weight. For example, 125 lbs = 2CWT. Minimums per shipment will apply. See enclosed Material Handling Order Form for details. All shipping charges must be prepaid. Precon Events will not accept or be responsible for collect shipments. Crated and uncrated shipments must be separated and clearly identified on separate bills of lading with separate weight tickets otherwise Precon Events will invoice the entire load at the uncrated rate.
• Crated – Material that is skidded or is in any type of shipping container that can be unloaded at the dock with no additional handling required.
• Uncrated – Material that is shipped loose or pad-wrapped, and/or unskidded machinery without proper lifting bars or hooks.
• Special Handling – Defined as shipments that are loaded by cubic space and/or packed in such a manner as to require special handling, such as ground loading, side door loading, constricted space loading and designated piece loading or stacked shipments. Also included are mixed shipments and shipments without proper delivery receipts. For additional explanation, please see the “What is Special Handling” section on page 6.
• Shipment Surcharges – A surcharge will be incurred per shipment for those that are received with incomplete information on shipping labels identifying company name and booth number and/or shipments that are left on the show floor at the end of the show with no labels and no bill of lading turned in.
Machinery Labor and Equipment
Labor and equipment for uncrating, unskidding, positioning, leveling, dismantling, recrating, and reskidding machinery and/or equipment must be ordered separately. Place your order for this labor using the In-Booth Forklift & Labor Order Form. If your material requires specialized rigging equipment, please notify us in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Storing Empty Containers
Properly labeled empty shipping cartons will be picked up, stored, and returned after the show. Labels are available on site from a show management representative.
An OMHF (Outbound Material Handling Form/Bill of Lading) must accompany all outgoing shipments. Shipping information, outbound forms and labels will be made available once the initial shipment forms have been submitted. Exhibitors selecting shippers other than Precon Events will need to make their own arrangements for pickup from the Advance Warehouse.
Measure of Damage
Liability – Precon Events is only liable for loss or damage to your goods if the loss or damage is caused by Precon Events’ negligence.
All of your goods must be insured by your own insurance policy. Although we do our best to handle your goods as our own, there are many variables in shipping and handling that can affect your exhibit and products. Precon Events published Precon Events Terms & Conditions of Contract are available at exhibitor’s request.