Production Logistics Manager
The Production Logistics Manager is a full-time position based out of the Precon Office/Warehouse and reports directly to the Project Operations Manager. This role directly oversees additional/seasonal warehouse staff and all onsite crew labor on show sites. The hours for this position will vary based upon workload and client timelines. This person is expected to be in the Office/Warehouse when not on site during normal business hours Monday – Friday with hours to be tracked based upon Precon’s policy. This person should be a team player and capable of managing multiple projects across all Precon Teams. This position may require occasional travel. This position will be responsible for the following functions:
- Work with the Precon Management Team and Field crew to oversee the install and dismantle of all elements provided by Precon.
- Consult with the graphic design department regarding dimensional renderings and technical drawings related to the design and build of various projects.
- Assist with cost projections to create budgets for custom builds as necessary.
- Attend and participate in Internal Team Meetings with the relevant departments to align on project scope, warehouse responsibilities, and expectations.
- Oversee event specifics with all departments and vendors, communicating the client’s objectives and event details regarding schedules, staffing, equipment rentals. Oversee the fabrication, implementation and installation of tradeshow booths, special event décor, props, and other theatrical and scenic elements.
- Produce all in house fabrication, including the managing of the carpentry/scenic shop as well as all tools and materials.
- Manage the warehouse staff’s time by developing and implementing production timelines.
- Identify operational challenges and determine how to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Participates in client site inspections and walk throughs as necessary.
- Serve as crew chief for on-site setups and breakdowns of materials such as pipe and drape, stage scenic, lighting, décor and related event materials and equipment.
- Project labor requirements and secure adequate labor for on-site work for setups and breakdowns, largely through relationships with staffing agencies.
- Brainstorm, problem-solve, and troubleshoot the transition from design to implementation including test setups for all first-time graphics and build deployments.
- Manage the acquisition of additional supplies and equipment.
- Log and tag all expenses incurred in for events and general warehouse equipment and supplies and source and order expendables and other specialty materials as needed.
- Oversee maintenance of Precon warehouse and Sprinter Van.
- Prepare daily/weekly status reports for management.
- Build and maintain an inventory log of all Precon Gear.
- Create pull lists for jobs and oversee the loading of trucks and shipping crates.
- Oversee any shipping and receiving as necessary.
- Coordinate vehicle rentals as necessary.
- Perform other duties and take on additional assigned projects as assigned by management for the continued success of our events as well as the advancement of Precon Events as a whole.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be willing to drive vehicles as large as a 26’ straight truck (no CDL required).
- Carpentry, painting, general construction and other fabrication related aspects of event and exhibition booth design and installation experience.
- Must have at least 3-years of experience working in events.